Monday, October 4, 2010

FIRE!

A couple weekends ago (I know, I'm way behind!) there was a HUGE fire in Herriman. It was started at Camp Williams, which is not usually out of the norm; fires happen there all the time. But 30 mph winds later....and you got 100-200 foot flames and hundreds of homes being evacuated. Taylor's sister lived really close to the border where they were evacuating, and we were so thankful the firefighters were able to get it under control, and she didn't have to leave. We drove towards it to get some cool pictures, and the smoke was horrible! Unfortunately I forgot my tripod, so the pictures aren't super clear. But you get the idea. Some of our friends were evacuated, and I'm so glad that they are all okay. Only 3 homes were lost, so it was really lucky. Scary, scary night. :S





No comments:

Post a Comment