Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lake Powell - Part 1

This year at Powell was a total blast! Could not get ENOUGH of the sun, food, friends, and laughs! It started off a little rough but we did not let that ruin our fun! I'm gonna try to remember (in order) day by day and what we did. Here ya go. PS: Three girls + Camera Happy = PICTURE OVERLOAD!

Day 1 - Saturday
We didn't get to sleep till after 1 AM, Friday night -er Saturday morning, and got up around 3. Crazy people, I know. Luckily, I got to sleep most of the way down. But we loaded up the truck and headed on our way. We had to take an hour or so detour through Gunnison to pick up the wave runners, and we hurried through to catch the ferry.







It was pretty overcast and was supposed to be all week, so we were a little worried. We did get rained on but it was a warm, refreshing rain as we loaded all the bags onto the boat. Luckily the rest of the week was perfect so we lucked out.






We got on the houseboat and were ready to set sail when we realized one of the engines wouldn't start. Our boys jumped in to play "Boat Mechanic" and tried everything. Jumping the battery, switching batteries, and etc. Finally they got over their pride and called a mechanic. He couldn't be there til morning, so we would spend the night at the Marina. Oh well.



Day 2 - Sunday
The morning started with the mechanic coming and fixing the engine. So that was good. HOWever, I woke up with a teeny tiny bug bite on my cheek, with both eyes swollen almost shut. They were huge!! So the whole first day, I spent buzzed on Benadryl, icing my face, and sleeping. It turned out okay, because all they really did was find a spot, beach the boat, and set up camp. I didn't miss much, and I was feelin REALLY good, so it worked out fine. :o) I know I'm gonna regret posting this pic, but just so you get an idea....this is after THREE Benadryl and lots of icing, so you can only imagine when I first woke up!



By evening, my eye had calmed down a little, so I put on my big girl sunglasses and layed out with the girls. I wasn't gonna let it ruin my sun.




Day 3 - Monday
This day we spent lots of time just relaxing. Laying out and eating junk food. (Two things I love most!) I made sure to have sunglasses on in every picture cuz my eyes were still pretty puffy.











I got to the be the official "Braider" this trip. I wish I could do my own. But the girls' turned out way cute!



That night we roasted smores around the fire. Great ending to a great day!!





Day 4 - Tuesday
Adventure day! We went on a boat ride out to this really neat canyon. It gets narrow to where the boat won't fit, so you have to swim part of the way and then hike through the rest. Tay was our expert boat driver and did so good! Us girls looooove boatrides and had a blast running from the "paparazzi" and eating our ring pops! Good times!




















Professional Modeeeelllsss!











Next we headed to the marina for a yummy ice cream cone and to drop off Ryan. He had to leave early and we were sad to see him go.









Ok so this post is forever long and I still have a million more pictures! So sorry, gonna make a Part 2. This day is only half over!

4 comments:

  1. Your poor little face! I remember when that happened when we were younger and you said people were going to spit on you lol I always thought that was so funny! I think that happened right around the time when you caught your hair on fire from a candle in the bathroom!!! hahaha Do you remember that?? Still makes me laugh thinking about it! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so much fun!! I want to go back! we are such professionals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Tawni that picture of your eye!!!! I about died! But I love your posts and the pictures are so fun!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes the eye. Poor puffy eye. Heather that happened when we rode Sara's horses remember? Lol! I wasn't ready to laugh about right away, but now it's quite ridiculous! The boys were yelling out "Heeeey you guuuuyys!" and calling me Quasimoto! Mean boys! Hopefully that eye never comes back....

    ReplyDelete