Tuesday, August 30, 2011

June: Jazzy and St. Geezy


June

The beginning of June, Mika and I participated in our first flash mob! We learned the dance the night before and rehearsed it over and over in my living room. Then we made our way over to Taylorsville town days where it broke out. It was such a blast, we had so much fun!




On the 16th of June, my family went through one of the hardest things we've ever had to do. Jazzmin was my chocolate lab growing up, and we had 15 amazing years with her. She was so healthy and happy and we have incredible memories with her! Her last few months we found out she had diabetes, and were going to have to put her on insulin, special dog food, and that meant many vet visits. We tried it for a few months, but her levels were all over the place. She had some really scary episodes, and her cute personality was just dying. She wasn't the same dog, and I didn't want my last memories of her to be that way. We made the decision as a family to have her put to sleep. I seriously don't think I've ever cried that much! I am such an animal lover and get attached to bugs that live on my porch! How was I going to do this?! Luckily, I have Harley, and an amazing husband to help me. We had our last few nights together as a family, where we spoiled Jazzy with treats and burgers. (We wanted her to go happy!) She knew what was going to happen, and she was okay with it. She had become mostly deaf and blind, hers legs would give out, and she lost control of her bladder. It was so sad letting her go, but I couldn't be selfish and make her suffer. She is in a better place, and though I think about you every day Jazzy, I know you're happy, and I love and miss you so much!! xo
We took a few pics on our last night together, though we all look terrible.






The following weekend we had our girls trip planned to St. George to go see the Tuachan shows. At first I didn't want to go, because of all we had been through, but Tay convinced me it would get my mind off things, and I'm glad I went because we had a great time. We saw Little Mermaid and Grease. Of all the shows I've seen down there through all the years, I think Little Mermaid was my absolute favorite! Hopefully next month I can go again and take Tay this time. We also shopped and layed out and did everything that girls do! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment