Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So long, Carpet!!

Saturday was a great day! My sweet awesome husband ripped up our carpet in the hallway and laid tile! As everyone in this solar system knows, I'm DYING for a puppy! Well before we could get one, we decided to tile the downstairs hallway so that during the day, while we're at work, we can put a gate at the bottom of the stairs and then it'll have the whole basement to run around and play. And if it goes potty, it won't matter! (This whole idea was Tay's genius-ness too) So.... I cleaned and got the boys lunch while Tay, his dad, brother-in-law, and friend Brad, came and laid it all down. Because it's such a narrow work space, they were stepping on each other so much, Taylor decided that him and his dad should build some shelve for our garage. (Don't ask me where all this came from!) We talked about building shelves when we moved in but never really mentioned it after that. So that was a nice surprise to come down to. Here's some of the progress they made:

Before:


Half way there:


Finished product: (Well, besides grout but we can't do that for a day or two)


Here's an idea of what the shelves look like. (Didn't get one of the finished product yet)



Thanks for everyone that helped!! Couldn't have done it without you guys. And thanks baby for being sooo productive and getting us one step closer to our PUPPY!! Love you!! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! looks soo good! Cant wait for puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!! Tawni, I want to see your house SO BAD!!! I hope you get a puppy very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys me too! And Heather you need to!! When you've got a free night, let me know and we'll plan something! Also I'm having a scentsy party sometime soon and you are totally invited. :o)

    ReplyDelete