Thursday, April 29, 2010

San Diego!

Last weekend was a much needed girls trip to San Diego. My aunt LeeAnne had some buddy passes that were gonna expire and she also had some free Sea World passes so we decided at the last minute to go. The flight out was fun. I went with my aunt Nat, and it just happened to be the same flight that LeeAnne was working. So she hooked us up with lotsa free peanuts and a WHOLE can of Diet Coke. (We're pretty easy to please, got way excited, until Tay told me that ANYONE can request to get the whole can. Oh well.)



That first night (Friday) we went to an area called "Old Town." It was so cute, with a bunch of shops and restaurants. We ate yummy Mexican at a place called Fred's. We didn't actually get to meet Fred, which bummed me out a little, but it was still good food! Our waiter, however, DID have the IQ of about a 3 year old. (It's ok Alberto. No hard feelings.)



We walked around the little shops and there was this complete redneck store that was quite hilarious. I wanted to buy these:



Saturday was Sea World Day!! Here's a picture overload of our day:


















My awesome Shamu ice cream!!

This guy was so funny! He was sleeping and kept drifting away from his rock, so he'd paddle with one little fin while still sleeping. We watched him forever!


Sunday was my grandma's birthday, so we surprised her a champagne brunch on a cruise ship. It was just a smaller ship, but it was an all you can eat buffet with yummy drinks and desserts. It took us through the harbor out by Cornado Island. They said a whale had actually found it's way up in the harbor a couple days before, but I didn't see it. :o( Oh well.




After brunch we went to Mission Beach. It was a little chilly and overcast, so I was kinda bummed. But it still felt good to play in the sand.





Monday we had to go home, but I got to meet up with my friend Sara for breakfast. She moved to Cali a couple months ago so it was good to see a familiar face.



Thanks San Diego, it was a blast. Next time, please be a little bit warmer. Thanks! xo

2 comments:

  1. What a good lil picture taker you are!! I am so proud of you!!! Looks like SOO much fun dear!! You are just too cute :) You seriously look so pretty in every single one of these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks. You're so cute. We need to do a girls trip sometime! Even if it's just a weekend thing.

    ReplyDelete