Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monica and Auzzie

This blog is gonna be super hard.
My best friend Mika's mom lost her battle to cancer last Monday. :o(
She had breast cancer for 19 years and fought everyday like it was her last. She was seriously the strongest woman I know, and like another mom to Tay and I. She was so positive and made me laugh so hard everytime I saw her. So many of her qualities that she had, I see in Mika. Both beautiful and strong, I look up to both of them so much! They're such amazing examples to me and they'll never know the impact they have on me.





This was 4 days before she left us, we got to say our goodbyes. She could barely whisper but she told us she loved us and squeezed our hands.


If it already wasn't a hard week, Jason and Mika's puppy Auzzie got hit by a car. Just two days after they lost Monica! It was so sad and very hard, but we all looked at it in a positive way, and that Monica just wanted a piece of Jason and Mika up there with her. She needed Auzzie more than any of us.





I'm sure the two of them are up in heaven, dancing around, eating lemons together, (Monica LOVED lemons!) having a great time. I'm trying to be a good friend (I know they'd do the same for me) and keep Jason and Mika busy and be supportive. They're being so strong, I have no idea how they're doing it. I wish so badley I could take away their pain and make it okay. They are such amazing friends and I'm so lucky to even know them!
Harley misses her best friend too. When I told her what happened, she knew it. It's crazy how dogs have that sense. But this is the plan and this is how things are supposed to be. One day we'll all understand.
Thank you Monica and Auzzie for making me a better person. I love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Monica in the chair is so sad! Great post doll. They both are so missed!!

    ReplyDelete