Friday, January 14, 2011

Cali-Anniversary-fornia Trip

For our anniversary we decided to take a little trip to San Diego. My aunt LeeAnne gave us some buddy passes and she also could get us into Sea World for free, so that right there was enough to make our decision. It was such a blast, and SO good to get away just the two of us. It seems like between friends and both families, we are always doing things with everyone. So it was so nice to get away and just spend some time alone together. Here's some of the fun things we did while there:

On our way to the hotel. Look! No snow! :)




Our hotel pool was such a joke. It literally was like, 10 feet by 10 feet. It was too cold to swim, but we had to get a picture of this pathetic excuse of a pool.



Yes, you are reading correctly. It has a 12 person capacity. Most families from Utah wouldn't fit in this pool!



The first day we flew in, we got the rental car, checked into the hotel, and headed out to Old Town. We walked around the cute little shops and ate at the most amazing Mexican place ever!





Saturday was Sea World! LeeAnne flew in that morning to come with us. It was awesome. Could've been a little warmer, but I couldn't complain. Way better than 20 degrees at home!
These flamingos were picking at (bugs?) stuff in our hair! It felt so funny, kind of like a head massage. :)



Touching the sting rays!







Yummy hot cocoa at the Shamu show!







*A funny side note story of me trying to be smart
Shamu's dorsal fin was curved (like Free Willey's!) and I thought it meant the whale was in heat. So I told Tay and LeeAnne and they didn't believe me. He was back in the holding tank before the show, and I went off on how he was probably back there for breeding. Well, we asked the employee and she's like.....nooooo......it just does that.......
Lol. Made me feel real dumb. Then I thought that Shamu was the original Shamu. Tay laughed at me and after we googled it, we found out the first Shamu died in 1971 and there have been 51 Shamu's since.
Whoopsie. Guess I need to read up on my whale trivia. :)

That night we went to Little Italy and had the best pizza ever! Seriously, we ate really good this trip. No wonder I gained weight!





*One more story (for my memory's sake)
Late that night we went to a CVS pharmacy to get some treats and drinks for the fridge at the hotel. There were two homeless guys sitting outside the pharmacy. We were walking in, holding hands, and the one guy says, "Daaaaaamn! You lucky mother f-----r! You's walkin' next to a hot-a$$ girlfriend....and I'm sitting next to a BUM!"
It was super awkward but really funny. We giggled the whole time in the store and I'm pretty sure my face was bright red. Creepy!

Sunday we went to La Jolla Cove and saw the seals on the rocks. I'd never seen the seals in wild, so it was so cool. They were so funny, we seriously could've watched them for hours.









Later we found the BEST mall ever. Seriously, every store was so amazing! They had all the high-end designers like Louis Vuitton, Sak's 5th Ave, Barneys, Juicy Couture, True Religion, etc. I was like a kid in a candy store. (They had an awesome candy store too!) I told Tay I could easily drop thousands at that mall.



Monday was San Diego Zoo! I had never been and it was so huge! I loved it! I think I took a picture of every animal we saw. But I'll spare you with some of my favorites.
The koala bears were sooooo cute!




Goofin' off, trying to be funny.....






Polar bears! There was a family there with camera crews and zoo staff following them around. We found out they were getting their house re-done on the show Extreme Home Makeover. While the house is being done, they send them on vacation somewhere and they came to San Diego! It was really neat, and Tay creeped around trying to get in every shot. Lol. So watch out, we might be on TV!







Two turtles being naughty....





My two faves. Pandas and Giraffes!





Our last night we watched the sun set at Mission Beach. It was so pretty! Then we went back to the mall from the gods and got our anniversary presents for each other. Tay got a watch and I got a Guess purse. (YES, it's real. My first REAL bag.)







Our trip was quick but much needed! It was so nice to get out of the freezing and have a little 'us' time. I love San Diego. Can't wait to go back! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment