Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good friends . . . good times!

This past week has been really good. We are finally all feeling better and up and moving around. Feels good to get off that damn couch, I gotta say! We spent a lot of time catching up with our friends, Jason and Mika. I seriously love those two! Every time we get together we all end up laughing so hard till it hurts! Thursday night we met them for some yummy mexican food at our favorite, Morelia's. (Seriously, best fajitas in the world!) Afterwords we went back to their place and just hung out. The boys played Wii, while Mika and I just talked and goofed off.
Now Mika had just been sick too, and was still a little plugged up. Well I had to tell her about this little miracle Tay and I stumbled upon just a week ago.

THE NETI POT


If you haven't seen it on TV, you're missing out! It's this awesome little teapot you fill with a saline salt and lukewarm water. You hold it up to your nose and pour. It sounds gross, but it really works wonders! The water goes up one side, up into your sinus' and all that, and out the other. It completely flushes ya out.
So I was telling Mika about this little guy, and how she HAD to try it! So her and I headed off to Walmart. (Of course we had to sit in the aisle for a sec and catch up on the Bachelor gossip that was all over the tabloids too!) We got back to their place and set it all up. Mika was so nervous, she'd never seen the thing before. I really wish at this point I had pulled out my camera. It was soooo hilarious! All of us were crowded around in the bathroom. I'm trying to calm her down, she was having anxiety. Jason and Taylor are laughing and giggling. She'd finally get up the nerve to do it, and the little gurgling sounds would make the boys laugh and I'd start laughing, and then Mika would snort it all back out. Haha. What a process.
Needless to say, she finally did it, and now she is breathing good as new! Thank you Neti pot.

Well in the midst of all the Neti pot nonsense, we got talking about my favorite show, FRIENDS!


We were quoting it and laughing all night. We decided we should have a marathon and watch as many as we could. How about tomorrow? Okay! :o)

So yesterday, I raced home from work. We met at my place. Then we had to go get food. What's a party with no food? We ordered 2 LARGE pizzas and like 20 breadsticks for the four of us. (Really not sure WHAT we were thinking...) Next stop, Harmons. We literally bought just about every kind of candy you could think of. We were having so much fun running through the store with armloads of candy, sliding with our slippery shoes. Then we saw the Easter aisle. WELL, that changed everything! There was a whole new selection to choose from!



After we had finally decided, we rushed back to my house to start the show. From about 7:00 to almost midnight, all that could be heard was the laughter and quoting of us, and the occasional wrapper of someone busting open a new treat.
Every time we see those two, it's a new adventure. Thanks for being such great friends, we love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. I really wish you would have gotten a picture of Mika doing the neti pot! That would have been hilarious!

    ReplyDelete